Jeremy Kyle spoke about the personal impact of losing his daytime TV show and said he felt “completely alone” and “scapegoat” following its cancellation.

The conflicted talk show host – who was once part of Kent’s Invicta FM – was ousted by ITV bosses and his program was withdrawn following the death of guest Steve Dymond in May 2019.

Jeremy Kyle’s show was deleted in 2019

The 63-year-old reportedly committed suicide shortly after failing a lie detection test in an episode the broadcaster decided not to air.

The program, which had appeared regularly on the television schedule since 2005, was withdrawn following a backlash from MPs and the public.

Folkestone and Hythe MP Damian Collins was among those who toasted the controversial host’s role on a Commons committee – which the ITV star did not attend – saying he should be ” held responsible ”for the show’s practices.

Now Jeremy Kyle has opened up about the personal impact of canceling the program, saying he felt ‘kicked out’ and ‘scapegoat’.

He told The Sun newspaper: “I used to think ‘take control’ when some celebrities were talking about these kinds of issues.

Folkestone and Hythe MP Damian Collins said the show's host should be
Folkestone and Hythe MP Damian Collins said the show’s host should be “responsible” for his role on the program.

“But suddenly I realized firsthand that you can’t always do this. I never thought they would affect me like they did.

“It was a shock – but I always said, ‘If you have a problem, admit it, then get the right help.’ So that’s what I did.

He added: “Critics will say I got a taste of my own medicine, but I had been through quite a while until this point – and I guess it all caught up with me at the same time. “

Jeremy Kyle was briefly signed to Kent’s Invicta FM in 1996, which would later become part of the Heart Network, before its eventual local shutdown in 2019.

The broadcaster told The Sun he was housebound and because of his bad mood he went to a doctor who diagnosed him with an anxiety disorder.

He added that he did not want to sound “bad luck to me”, acknowledging that what had happened was a “terrible tragedy” and “devastating” to the friends and family of Mr. Dymond as well as to the many people. who worked on the show.

“But it hit me hard,” he explained. “And it was horrible to feel so scapegoat, and without being able to have a say in the accusations that often seemed to be directed only at me.

“I felt stalked and I was accused of being responsible for everything that happened around this show. But I was only the face of it.

“About a hundred people lost their jobs that day, and I felt really bad for them too and worried about their future. But I felt completely alone.

A preliminary inquiry hearing was informed that Mr Dymond had died of a morphine overdose and a heart problem at his home in Portsmouth, Hampshire.

He had “failed” a lie detection test for the program to show if he had cheated on his ex-fiancee Jane Callaghan, of Gosport.

Following the cancellation of the daytime show, MPs launched an investigation into reality TV.

Read more: All the latest news from Kent

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.