DOVER – “Just Look Up, Five Life Saving Phases Every Human Needs to Hear,” by author and motivational speaker Joe Beckman, will be performed at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Dover High School.
The health fair, with 26 participating organizations, begins at 6 p.m. Light refreshments will be served.
Beckman, from Minnesota, will discuss the importance of mental health, resilience, and how we can help our children through a pandemic. He wrote the book during the pandemic. He is also the co-founder and called the “Happy Caveman”.
He will share the authenticity of humor, heart and soul, and the five phrases he believes students and adults need to hear. The easy-to-read publication contains the current points for success.
The five sentences are:
• Love yourself first (stop comparing yourself to others and change the necessary script.)
• Going all the way (difficult times are tests, they reveal who we really are and help us find a resilience we didn’t know we had. Just pass, you don’t have to pass, it’s just get through it. D’s get degrees.)
• Just look up (from our screens, this is our current addition. Children spend about ten hours a day in front of screens, 7.5 in leisure and two hours in education. We need authentic connections; we strive for it. And the kids need it even more than we know. To go fast, go alone, go far, go together. The donut analogy, one is ok, a few are pretty bad, many are really bad.)
• Fail (accept it and learn from it).
• Yeah Toast! (embracing life’s small victories, how a toaster makes toast is his example.)
The event is sponsored by Tuscarawas Valley Local Schools, Dover Local Schools, Strasbourg High School and the Tuscarawas Area Council Association (TACA).