Peacock has announced that it is expanding its animated lineup with a full season order of the all-new original fantasy series YA. Supernatural Academy, produced by 41 Entertainment (Kong: Monkey King, Tarzan and Jane, Super Monsters). The 16×30 inch show is adapted from Jaymin Eve’s bestselling book series. In addition to Peacock’s premiere slated for January 20, the series’ voice cast has been revealed.
“It’s so amazing to see my original story come to life in this high quality animation project,” said Eve. “I’m so grateful to Peacock and 41 Entertainment for believing in me and I’m sure all fans of the books are eagerly tagging January 20 in their diaries.”
Supernatural Academy tells of a supernatural adventure of sisters marked at birth. A twin sister was brought up in the supernatural world, confident and popular. The other was brought up in the human world, a quirky outsider. Now, they’re about to be reunited at Supernatural Academy, and neither of them are thrilled. These antagonistic twins will have to learn to overcome their differences and trust each other to save themselves – and save the world!
Meet the actors and characters:
- Larissa Dias (Supernatural, Falling Sky, Punch When the heart calls you) like “Jessa Lebron.” Jessa is a popular Wolf Shifter in her freshman year at Supernatural Academy. She has everything a daughter could ask for, including a supportive dad and four best friends with their own unique supernatural skills.
- Gigi Saul Guerro (Marvel Super Hero Adventures, Into the Dark: CULTURE SHOCK, Super Monsters, Nina’s World) like “Mischa Jackson / Lebron.” Raised by a single mother with a tendency to move from place to place, Mischa never fitted in anywhere. The shy, creative and sweet girl transforms after realizing that her mom has been hiding who she really is for 16 years.
- Vincent Tong (Ninjago, Ice Age: The Adventures of Buck Wild, The Dragon Prince) like “Maxim.” Max is a natural leader, as evidenced by his watchful eye on his younger brother Braxton.
- Cardi Wong (Are you afraid of the dark ?, Supergirl) like “Braxton.” Brax is the amiable, awkward, and gentle talker of the group.
- Shannon Chan Kent (You, awake, good boredom, life sentence) like “Elda Kristov.” Elda is the daughter of the director of Supernatural Academy and considers Jessa her main rival for queen bee status.
- Bethany Brown (Charmed, The 100) like “Terra.” Terra has always been Jessa’s best friend. Terra’s unique witchcraft power perfectly complements the group’s supernatural abilities.
- Brian drummond (Mega Man: Fully Charged, The Willoughbys) like “Director Kristov. “ Kristov shows himself to be manipulative, mean and arrogant as he plots against the Lebron twins from the moment they are reunited.
- Barbara kottmeier (Supernatural, Pattern, Falling in love with Vermont) like “Lienda Jackson / Lebron.” Lienda is the true definition of a mother. She is a strong woman who sacrificed her supernatural ability and a life with one of her twin daughters, only to protect her family.
- Alexandre juliani (Battlestar Galactica, The Wizards, Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce, The 100) like “Jonathan Lebron. As the leader of the World Council and the Alpha Wolf of Lebron’s pack, Jonathon not only has a civic duty, but also a fatherly instinct to save the Kingdoms and his daughters.
- Ali J Eisner (Fraggle Rock, Gisèle’s great courtyard) like “Jaé.” A fairy whose music has the literal charm of appeasing wild beasts and creating new life.
- Diana kaarina (The Hollow, Barbie, My Little Pony, Charlotte aux Fraises) like “Santra”. As the new history teacher at Supernatural Academy, Santra is the smart, compassionate and confident guide students can count on.
- Kathleen barr (Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Johnny Test) like “Yufon. “ Yufon is a powerful and stern member of the World Council.
Supernatural Academy is produced by Allen Bohbot, directed by Steve Ball, hosted by Jody Prouse, developed and written for television by Gillian Horvath and features an original theme song composed by John Majkut. ICON Creative Studio in Vancouver provides animation services.
Supernatural Academy premieres Thursday, January 20, 2022 on Peacock.