The twin children of Princess Charlene and Prince Albert II, Jaques and Gabriella, attended their first day of school on Monday. But they could only be accompanied to their state-of-the-art institute by their father, as Princess Charlene remains stuck in her native South Africa due to an ENT infection.

On Monday, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, who will be seven in December, walked with their father to François d’Assise-Nicolas Barré (FANB), a Catholic school.

The adorable twins wore the school’s red polo shirt and a face cover with the school crest on one side.

Prince Albert had previously spoken of educating his children at home during the lockdown.

He told People magazine earlier this year: “They don’t do any math or something like that yet, that’s what’s going to give me a little problem!”

His children, he added, were eager to learn more about geography and science.

He said: “We’ve been through a whole phase where they wanted to know everything about the oceans and the planets and everything about the solar system.”

Prince Jaques and Princess Gabriella’s first day of school followed the twins’ official trip to Dublin with their father – another key moment Princess Charlene was forced to miss.

Regarding the visit, which took place on Friday, the Monegasque palace wrote on Facebook: “The Sovereign was presented with a parchment in recognition of his contribution as a benefactor to the conservation of the old library of Trinity College .

READ MORE: Prince Charles angered Meghan Markle with Royal Family plan

“An inauguration ceremony for a frieze bearing the names of Their Highnesses Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene also took place.

“This inscription is on the wall of the benefactors of the university located in the dining room.

“A frieze bearing the name of HSH Prince Albert II was also unveiled in the gallery of the Salle Longue of the old library alongside the founding donors of the library.

“This visit to Dublin is an extension of the existing links between Trinity College and Monaco.

DO NOT MISS

“It also marks the 60th anniversary of the State visit of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace in 1961 and the 10th anniversary of the first State visit of Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene in 2011.”

Princess Charlene traveled to South Africa in May to do conservation work with her foundation.

However, she remained anchored there after developing an infection following a sinus lift and bone grafting in preparation for dental implants.

The princess and Olympian has since undergone three surgeries, the last one taking place in mid-August.

After her operation, Prince Albert said in a statement: “The operation went well, Princess Charlene is resting and we think of her with fondness.”

Last week Albert also said his wife was “ready to go home” before adding that the return date will depend a lot “on what her doctor says”.

In July, the princess said she expected to remain anchored in her homeland until the end of October, stressing that she could not “force the cure” – but after her last successful operation, Prince Albert seemed to be hoping she could get home sooner.

He said: “I know she may have said ‘end of October’ but that was before this last round of nominations.

“I’m pretty sure we can shorten that time a bit.”

Prince Albert’s positive take on his wife’s recovery was released before he appeared. Princess Charlene had had health problems on the first day of September, when she was hospitalized.

The Monegasque palace revealed on Friday: “On the night of September 1, Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco was taken to hospital after falling ill from a serious ENT infection.

“His Highness is being followed closely by his medical team, who say his condition is reassuring.”

The royal has since been removed from office.

During her months stranded in South Africa, Princess Charlene reunited with her family twice: in June and at the end of August.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.