NEW PHILADELPHIA – With the resurgence of the pandemic and less than 75 days to Christmas, The Salvation Army is preparing for another difficult season of need.
As thousands of people continue to fight the effects of pandemic poverty, The Salvation Army of Dover / New Philadelphia calls on everyone to help hard-working individuals and families overcome the threat of eviction and the hungry this holiday season.
“With the resurgence of COVID-19, The Salvation Army in Dover / New Philadelphia predicts that service requests this holiday season will increase by up to 125% from pre-pandemic levels,” Lt. Andrew Allen, corps officer at Dover. / New Philadelphia Corps.
“Thanks to the generosity of the public, The Salvation Army will continue to bring help and hope to thousands of individuals and families in need.
During the pandemic last year, the Salvation Army of Northeast and Northwestern Ohio served more than 3.6 million meals, made Christmas possible for more than 212,000 families in need , provided over 229,000 nights of accommodation and supported over 6,600 people with utility assistance.
The following options are available for those who wish to support their neighbors in need:
• Become a Red Kettle Sponsor (levels range from $ 500 to $ 5,000).
• Donate to various Red Kettles throughout the Dover / New Philadelphia area. To help keep ringers, donors and partners safe, The Salvation Army has adopted nationally mandated security protocols.
• Donate digitally with Apple Pay or Google Pay at any Red Kettle, Paper Kettle or Counter Kettle store
• Ask Amazon Alexa to donate by saying “Alexa, donate to The Salvation Army,” then specifying the amount.
• Donate any amount by texting “KETTLES” to 51555.
• Provide new toys and clothing through The Salvation Army Angel Tree to children from families in need.
• Volunteer to ring the bell at any kettle location by visiting SAVolunteer.org or calling 330-364-3811 ext. 302.
All gifts remain in the community in which they are given.
Visit SalvationArmyOhio.org to donate or learn more about how you can help The Salvation Army this year.