1. Covid positive Vishal Dadlani says he can’t even meet his mother after his father dies
Moti Dadlani, the father of musician-songwriter Vishal Dadlani, who was his “best friend” and “the nicest and kindest man in the world”, has passed away. He is in the greatest grief and he does not “know how to live in a world without him”. He feels “completely lost,” he says.
2. A man prays for the death of Swara Bhasker after she tested positive for Covid-19; Here is what she replied
Instead of choosing to ignore these tweets, Bhasker not only replied to them, but also shared screenshots of the people who were rejoicing over the news and wishing him dead. “RIP in advance”, wrote a user. “Suar (pig) @ReallySwara tests positive for covid – 19. Go 2 hells ASAP and free this land from jesters”, another user wrote.
3. Deepika Padukone “was unrecognizable” during battle against Covid-19, says it was very difficult
“Life after Covid changed for me because physically I was completely unrecognizable … I think (because of) the drugs I was given, the steroids I was put on. So Covid in self was weird, your body feels different, your mind is different, ”she told Film Companion.
4. Tributes pour in as Sidney Poitier, first black man to win the Oscar for best actor, dies at 94
Poitier breathed his last at his Beverly Hills home. He served in WWII as a teenager. After being discharged from the military, he worked as a diver before joining the American Negro Theater School of Drama. His notable works include films like Lilies of the Field, In the Heat of the Night, and Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, among others.
5. Sonu Sood voluntarily leaves his post as icon of the State of Punjab before the legislative elections of 2022
After the Election Commission announced on Twitter that it had withdrawn Sonu Sood’s nomination as Punjab State icon, the 48-year-old actor also announced that “this journey is over.”